Tricon Capital Group (TSX:TCN) is an asset manager and principal investor focused on the residential real estate industry in North America with approximately $2.3 billion of assets under management. Since inception in 1988, Tricon has invested in real estate and development projects valued at approximately $16 billion.
Private Funds and Advisory
Tricon manages on behalf of third party investors a portfolio of investments in land and homebuilding assets in US and Canada. Our business objective in Private Funds and Advisory is to earn Contractual Fees and Performance Fees, through the Asset management of third-party capital, including private commingled funds and separate accounts; currently, the Company’s asset management business is focused on private funds and separate accounts that invest in land and homebuilding assets.
The following is a list of active private commingled funds and separate account, side-cars and syndicated investments:
• Tricon Housing Partners US LP (“THP1 US”, formerly Tricon IX LP)
• Tricon Housing Partners US II LP (“THP2 US”, formerly Tricon XI LP)
• Tricon Housing Partners Canada LP (“THP1 Canada”, formerly Tricon VIII LP)
• Tricon Housing Partners Canada II LP (“THP2 Canada”, formerly Tricon X LP)
• Tricon Housing Partners Canada III LP (“THP3 Canada”, formerly Tricon XII LP)
• Separate Accounts including Cross Creek Ranch, Fulshear Farms, Grand Central Park (formally Grand Lakes) and Tegavah
• US side-cars including Vistancia West, Arantine Hills and Lake Norman
• Canadian syndicated investments including Five Condos, Heritage Valley and Mahogany
Tricon owns a portfolio of U.S. single-family rental homes, manufactured housing communities and multi-family properties. Tricon also co-invest in the funds, separate accounts and side-cars investments that Tricon manages on behalf of third parties. Our business objective is to invest for investment income and capital appreciation.
• Tricon Housing Partners (formerly Land and Homebuilding) – Co-investment in development-oriented private commingled funds and separate accounts
• Tricon American Homes (formerly Single-Family Rental) – Investment in and management of a portfolio of U.S. single-family rental homes, collectively referred to as Tricon American Homes
• Tricon Lifestyle Communities (formerly Manufactured Housing Communities) – Investment in U.S. manufactured housing communities that lease land to owners of pre-fabricated homes
Tricon is focused on four major geographic markets in Canada (Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) and eight major geographic markets or regions in the United States (Northern California; Southern California; Dallas and Houston, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; and Southeastern Florida).